- IML Introduction
- RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Photo Instructions
- Application Link
International Mr. Leather Application 2019
By all accounts from the 1,812 men who have competed since 1979, you are about to take what can only be described as a “ride of a lifetime!” For many of these men, competing at IML was a life-changing experience. Filled with camaraderie, brotherhood, and personal insights, the experience leaves most with a purpose and dedication to continue our traditions, and to forge new paths.
Everyone who enters the IML competition, not only represents their home bar, city, state, region or country, but also who they are as a leatherman. There is no secret plan or magic formula to go on and win IML. Although the IML Staff cannot offer you specific advice as to what you should or should not do to prepare, we can tell you this much: be who you are, be true to yourself, and don’t try to be something you are not. The rest, as they say, is up to you.
All of that said, there are some things we need from you as you begin to prepare for your travels to Chicago this May. We need you to complete the following information in order for us to begin your application process. The deadline for the receipt of your Contestant Application is April 30. THIS IS A HARD DEADLINE!
CONTESTANT APPLICATION & PROFILE
This is the basic Contestant information, telling us who you are. This information will be used by both the IML Administrative Staff and your IML Judges. This will tell us a little bit about you, allowing us to get a sense of who you are, where you came from.
The information on this form will be used to list all contestant sponsors on our website, as well as during the events. You are also required to send a high-resolution logo image (TIFF, EPS, GIF, PNG or JPG) for each of your sponsors, which we will use throughout the weekend.
A non-refundable registration fee of $75.00 (USD) is required from each contestant. Payment may be made via credit card via the link that has been posted on the Facebook group or check (payable to International Mr. Leather, Inc.), and should be paid in full prior to your arrival at IML.
Finally, we encourage you to visit our website, www.imrl.com, often. Event information, updates, and other vital postings and forms are available there. You can also find a bit of history. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Again, Welcome. And Welcome to the International Mr. Leather Family!
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- International Mr. Leather™ (IML) Contestants MUST be (i) the winner of a bar, local, or regional leather contest which awarded the winner entry into the IML contest (a “preliminary contest”); OR (ii) be sponsored by a bar, business, club or organization that specializes in the levi/leather, uniform, SM, western, gear or related lifestyles. These are your Primary Sponsors, and each such business or organization may only sponsor one (1) Contestant per IML.
- To compete at International Mr. Leather, contestants must be male and 21 years of age or older as of the date that you register for IML in Chicago. In order to verify this eligibility, you are required to bring with you a copy of your government issued photo identification (driver’s license, state ID, or passport). We will make a copy of this document, and it will be placed with your application during the Contestant Registration in Chicago.
- Contestant Applications must be received at the IML office as soon as possible, but no later than April 30. Upon receipt of your full and completed application, IML will send you a confirmation email advising you when to register with the IML Officials at the host hotel in Chicago. You will receive other detailed information at that time.
- IML Contestants are required to provide all information requested on this application (you won’t be able to submit the application until all information is entered). If you have additional information that you would like the judges to have, you must bring 10 copies of each page with you when you arrive at Contestant Registration. While at Contestant Registration, you will be required to sign and date your Contestant Agreement and Contestant Photo Release form, stating that you will appear at all official IML events, including – but not limited to – Contestant Registration, Contestant Orientation, Opening Ceremonies, Preliminary Interviews, Physique and Stage Presence event, photo sessions, rehearsals, and the IML Contest on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. Failure to appear as scheduled may result in disqualification. IML reserves the right to remove any Contestant from the competition at any time, and for any cause.
Contestant Images & Logo Information For Video Production
The IML contest production includes large video screens that show images of you along with your sponsor logo/s. We need you to upload your contestant images and sponsor logos as part of your Application.
Because our contest venues have large screens, we need high resolution images that won’t blur or pixelate when blown up in size...this means we’ll need copies of your original image files rather than images you download from your Facebook account. You don’t need professional photographs--many of the newer mobile phones create high resolution, quality images in good lighting. Here are the specifics:
1. Contestant Images. Each image should be a high resolution file—this means each image should be the minimum of 300 dpi when sized at 5"x7"
a. Quantity Of Images Submitted. Submit 3 to 5 images. No more, no less.
b. Required Digital File Format. All contestant images must arrive as high resolution files (minimum 300 dpi when sized at 5"x7") in one of the following formats:
2. Logos. Logos must be attached as high resolution files or as vector files. NOTE: High resolution is at least 300 dpi when an image is sized at 5"x7." Acceptable logo file formats are as follows:
Legal responsibility of an IML Contestant. In submitting your contestant photos and logos, you agree to the following: I hereby understand that it is my responsibility to secure informed consent from my photographer/s for use of the photograph/s I submit as part of my IML contestant materials to IML and/or those acting under IML’s authority and that I am solely accountable for ensuring that the photographer/s who created the image/s I submitted as part of my contestant materials to IML understand that they and I hereby waive in perpetuity any rights that they or I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products, in original or any modified format, used for IML contest video production, IML advertising copy or any other IML-related matter or media that may use or may apply the image/s, including broadcast, now and in perpetuity. I also affirm that it is understood that neither my photographer nor I will receive any type of payment from IML or any person acting under IML’s authority for use of the contestant images that I submitted as part of my IML contestant application materials. Translation: get your photographer’s permission before you send us their image of you!
Please use this link to connect to your online Applicaition.